As a sales director, you’re always looking for tips to help improve your team’s sales techniques. The goal is to build an organization that drives higher sales and recurring revenue year over year. With a combined 40+ years of experience in the two-way radio industry, we understand the challenges dealers face when it comes to enhancing your team’s sales figures.
We know that there’s a large upfront cost for products and this puts your team in a position to start selling immediately to generate returns. To help your team take conversions to the next level in 2020, we have put together a list highlighting 30 sales stats and tips for selling two-way radios that every sales rep should know:
- Almost 6 in 10 buyers want to talk about pricing on the first call with a radio dealer.
- 1 in 4 buyers wants to discuss budget, authority, and timeline.
- More than half of prospects want to view how the product works on the first call.
- According to buyers, the top ways for your team to create a positive sales experience are:
• Listen to their needs (69%)
• Don’t be pushy (61%)
• Provide relevant information (61%)
• Respond in a timely manner (51%)
- Nearly 6 in 10 salespeople say that once they find a tactic that works for them, they don’t change it.
- Half of revenue is impacted by social selling.
- 4 in 10 sales reps have recently closed two to five deals as a direct result of social media.
- About 47% of sales team top performers ask for referrals consistently, versus only 26% of non-top performers.
- After a positive experience, 83% of customers would be happy to provide a referral for others looking to buy two-way radios.
- 84% of buyers now kick off their buying process with a referral for two-way radios.
- Budget is the most common reason that strong sales opportunities fall apart.
- The most popular sales tools for a team include customer relationship management (CRM), social prospecting, data and list services, email engagement, phone, and a sales cadence.
- High-performing sales forces are twice as likely to provide ongoing training compared to low-performing ones.
- Two-way radio communications salespeople spend only one-third of their day talking to prospects.
- A survey of salespeople revealed more than half rely on their peers to get tips for improving. 44% percent looked to their manager, 35% to team training resources, and 24% to media.
- Using social selling tools can raise win rates and deal sizes by 5% and 35%, respectively, for two-way radio dealers.
- Asking “Did I catch you at a bad time” makes sales team members 40% less likely to book a meeting. Meanwhile, asking, “How are you?” increases their likelihood of booking a meeting by 3 to 4 times.
- The use of collaborative words has a positive impact on sales calls. Plus, using “we” instead of “I” increases success rates by 35%.
- Successful salespeople talk for 54% of the call, while unsuccessful salespeople spent only 42% of their time speaking when speaking to two-way radio prospects.
- Roughly 44% percent of salespeople said their phone is the most effective sales tool at their disposal.
- Top-performing sales personnel are up to 10 times more likely to use collaborative words such as “we” and “us.”
- Emails produced by your sales and marketing teams containing one to three questions are 50% more likely to get replies than emails without any questions.
- Messages from your marketing team written for a third-grade reading level are 36% more likely to receive a reply than those written at the college reading level.
- The average person sends 48% of the emails that they receive every day to trash.
- Only 7% of businesses respond in the first five minutes after a form submission.
- Businesses that attempt to reach leads within an hour of a touchpoint were nearly seven times more likely to have meaningful conversations.
- Only 24% of sales emails are opened.
- At least 50% of your prospects are not a good fit.
- Videos about product features are the most popular video type, followed by how-to videos and professional reviews.
- More than 40% of salespeople say prospecting is the most challenging part of the sales process for two-way radios.
Learn how M4D can help you generate leads
Take the Lead from Some of the Best in the Business
So now you know a little more about how the sales industry is changing and how the top-performing companies distinguish themselves in the two-way radio industry. Applying these two-way radio selling tips to your prospecting strategies will help your team sell smarter and close more deals that build long-term business revenues.
Our team at M4D is here to help your organization optimize its sales processes with proven tools that help conversions, such as a CRM and marketing automation. Want more out of your cold calls but don’t know where to start? We can also manage your entire cold calling campaign and only send you the highest qualified leads. Book your Free Consultation today to find out how M4D can help your dealership become a lead converting machine.